Thursday, February 24, 2011

Accepting Twitter into my life.

For those of you that know me, you may know I have never been a huge fan of Twitter. In fact I didn't even have a Twitter until I switch programs. It was then I realized the importance of Twitter in modern social media with a little help from my good friend and fellow PR major, Alex Lorenz, I finally got one. For the longest time she would stress to me the benefits of the website, but being the stubborn person I am I did not listen. To me Twitter was simply a place people posted meaningless updates I really don't care about. This opinion changed when Alex got an internship via Twitter, you can read about that on her blog  http://brunettecurlsanddiscountpearls.blogspot.com/. I finally broke down and made an account after that. I have now realized its all about who you follow. Along with my classmates, Sith Lords, and He who must not be named I follow many PR professionals and people who help you get internships. This has been a great help to me. I still find that there is a down side to Twitter, but my views have changed a lot since realizing the sites full potential. I recommend you all join if you don't already have an account and happy Tweeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment